Friday, June 27, 2008

Look Ma! No training wheels!



So my five year old baby boy decided that he was done using "baby wheels" and proceded to remove them from his bike himself. He is my little Mr. Fix-It. He shows me his training wheels and tells me that he doesn't want to use them anymore because he wants his bike to look like big brother Nick's. Okay.... so I was about to start fighting him on it because is FIVE and my baby boy is just not ready to ride without them, but instead I decide to let him give it a try so that he could see for himself that he still needed them and that would be the end of it. So we go into the grass and he hops up on his bike and I give him a very little push because I just knew he was going to fall right over. Well things didn't go according to my plan. Nope. This little boy proceeded to take off and ride around the whole yard like he has been doing it the entire five years he has been alive. Needless to say, I was speechless. How could this be?? He is five. My older son didn't master riding the bike until he was 6 and that was after many, many times (and falls) of trying. But this little boy just took off and did not look back. I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised though, really. He's been like that his whole life---kicking the pacifier and bottle habit, potty-training, the list goes on... When he decides to do something, he does it. End of story. They just grow up too fast. :(












No comments:

PayPerPost sign-up (Get paid to blog!)