Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh happy day! CVS 7/13

Hello CVS addicts! ;)

I was very excited about this week's sales and even more so with the fabulous new $3/$15 coupon out! If you haven't gotten yours already, go to Money Saving Mom.



This all cost me $4.41! ($1.41 OOP and $3.00 ECBs)


First Transaction:



(1) Herbal Essence Shampoo and (1) Herbal Essence Conditioner - 2/$5
(1) 6 x 8 Photo Book - 7.99
(1) CVS acid reducer - 3.99
(6) Sally Hansen nail polishes - @ .99 ea
(2) Gold Emblem pretzel sticks - @ .69 ea
(2) 10 pk No. 2 pencils - @ .33 ea (filler)

Coupons used:
$4/20 update coupon
$3 off Photo Book from 6/8 SS
$3/2 Herbal Essence from 7/6 P&G
$1/2 Gold Emblem Prezels
(2) $3/2 Sally Hansen nail (thanks to www.iheartcvs.com)
$8.00 ECB

Total OOP: $.44
Saved: $45.86

ECBs earned: $7.99 for Photo Book


Second Transaction:


(1) Herbal Essence Shampoo and (1) Herbal Essence Conditioner - 2/$5
(1) Gain laundry detergent - 4.99
(1) 4 x 6 Photobook - 3.99
(3) Sally Hansen nail polishes - @ .99 ea

Coupons used:
$3/$15
$3/2 Sally Hansen nail
$3/2 Herbal Essence
$7.99 ECBs

Total OOP: $.39
Saved: $31.83

ECBs earned: 2.00 for Gain, 3.99 for Photobook


Third Transaction:


(2) Herbal Essence Shampoos and (2) Herbal Essence Conditioners - 2/$5
(2) Sure deodorants - @ 2.89 ea

Coupons used:
(2) $3/2 Herbal Essence
(1) B1G1 free Sure
$3.99 ECBs

Total OOP: $.58
Saved: $22.94

ECBs earned: 3.00 for Sure

So...... I walked in with $8.00 ECBs, paid $1.41 oop and walked out with $5.00 ECBs. I'm a happy girl! I've been in such a good mood today partly because of this great trip to CVS this morning. CVS is my drug and I am addicted!! :)

How did you all do this week?

7 comments:

Laura said...

Whoo-hooo! What a great trip you had! I'm gonna have to get stocked up on the shampoo myself. Thanks for posting~Laura

Carry Grace said...

You had a great trip!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

I see you made your photo books, were they hard to make or did they take a long time? How many pages are in them? I am planning to upload the right pics in the right direction and order to speed up the process---how did it go for you?
Great shopping!

Heather said...

Hi. The photo books are 10 pages each and if you know exactly what pictures you are planning on using, it shouldn’t take you longer than 15 minutes to make one. The CVS stores around here all have sample photo books in store to kind of give you an idea of what to expect. You can put one picture on each page or you can put several. They look good both ways. I did all mine with 3 or 4 pictures a page just because I like the whole collage/scrapbook look of it. You also have the option to add text to the pages I you want to.

I do have a couple of tips for you though… The stores I have been into have a couple of different Kodak machines - one with a picture scanner attached to it and one that just looks like a monitor. With the one with the pic scanner attached, the pictures will print out for you right then and there where as with the one that is just the monitor, the pictures have to be developed in the store which can take about an hour. Also, be sure to arrange the pages the way you want them to appear in your album. The 4 x 6 books have numbered pages, but the 6 x 8 books do not. I made that mistake with the first one. I just handed the guy the pictures and he proceeded to put them in the book in no particular order and I ended up with the title page as the last page of the book! Lol The title page is just one picture that you will select after you pick the pictures you want for the book.

Anywho, the books turned out really nice and I had lots of fun making them. I hope you do too!

Unknown said...

Heather, you had a GREAT trip this week! Way to go girl! I went yesterday and was thrilled with what I got for how little I spent, but I got home and realized I had forgotten several things so I told my husband "oops, gotta make another run back up there sometime in the next day or two!! LOL" He told me "You've got a problem - you need serious help!" He was joking of course - he loves my savings! Way to go on the shopping spree this week though...awesome job.

Carrie said...

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway! Stop back by and see me sometime!

Brandy said...

I know this was from a while back but from one CVS addict to another - YIPPEE! I love getting free stuff with my ECB's.

I hear there's a special two day sale on the 12/20 & 12/21 where you can get a bunch of free after ECB like the BF deals.

Thanks for dropping in and entering my giveaway...and good luck!

PayPerPost sign-up (Get paid to blog!)